If you own a LG GH20NS10 Sata burner and have installed Windows 7 or are going to do you’ll most probably experience some issues with this drive.
Windows 7 somehow got a problem with this burner. Already the installation from DVD is problematic. The installation takes many hours. If you managed to install Windows 7 successfully you’ll encounter another annoying problem.
Every time you put a disc in your LG GH20NS10 the system freezes.
If you didn’t even manage to install Windows 7 try the steps below starting with 4. and start the installation again.
Here’s the complete solution that may work for you if you have already installed Windows 7 and experience the freezing Windows problem:
- Create following registry entry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Or simply copy the above code into notepad and save it somewhere with the extension .reg and double click the file.
- Now restart your system.
- Enter the BIOS
- Select Integrated Peripherals
- Go to On-Chip ATA Devices
- Change the RAID mode to AHCI
- Save the settings and restart
Another thing you could try is to install the latest Firmware from LG.
I would recommend to do this in another PC.