I have a Umax Vaova DTV-2900 DVB-T Receiver at home.
Recently I wanted to extract a recording from the HDD for archiving. I searched the net and found the Sigmatek Disk Reader (mirror) from a czech source which serves this purpose.
Here I write you the procedure how to extract and convert the recordings from the Umax Vaova DTV-2900 or DVBH-1000/2000 recorder.
First you will need to update the DTV-2900 receiver to the latest Firmware.
Proceed with the following steps:
- Install with "Sigma.msi. After the installation it is necessary to restart the system
- Connect the HDD from DVBH-1000/2000 or Umax Vaova DTV-2900 to your PC
- Run the application "Sigmatek Disk Reader"
- From the dropdown list under "Disk" select the correct HDD and press MOUNT
- Select the drive letter that will be assign to the drive (for example, Z:)
- On the disk M: we find the following or similar structure
- Copy individual files to your PC-HDD
- Add the extension .ts such as "data.ts"
- Run program "PVAStrumento.exe"
- Open the files "data.ts"
- Press the button "make ps"
- Choose a new file name and its location with the ending .mpg.
- Press the button "Start"
- Now we have a standard MPEG2 file that can we can easily play, edit it with other tools or simply burn it to a DVD.
- Now you can go back to "Sigmatek Disk Reader" and select "Unmount"
- After you turn off your computer you can disconnect the disc and put it back into your DVBH-1000/2000 or Umax Vaova DTV-2900
Credits go to the czech source where I found this.